Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Dear NOLA Crew,


Thank you for making our trip down south such an amazing experience. I would have to agree that this adventure was beyond eye opening. I learned more about New Orleans and the south than I have in any school book over the past 19 years of my life. But it was all made possible by you guys. Our group really got along so well and laughed off any problems that we encountered. We could not have asked for a better leader than Linda Donovan. She was able to get us all where we needed to be and to make every moment of everyday as enjoyable as possible. including many trips for fro-yo or ice cream. 
I am so proud of the work that we were able to achieve as a team. Not just on the house, but in the lives and hearts of the people at the school, in the homes, and the people shopping at the Habitat Restore. We all went down there to be of service to other people, but upon departure I think we all realized how much we had been changed. I can't speak for everyone, but I felt a lot different when I made it back here to Duquesne. I felt this joy in the form of a smile that I was unable to wipe off my face. I did not understand it at first, but eventually I realized it was just a side effect from my life changing experience down in New Orleans. I felt like a happier person once i got back on the bluff. I felt like I could see the bright side in any situation that the world threw at me and that I could meet any challenges with courage. I felt changed. I hope you all had similar experiences. I know that we all grew closer this past week and that the bond we formed on our NOLA  2013 trip won't easily be broken. :) I miss you guys already.   Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment