Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Eye Opening and Inspiring!

My experience in New Orleans was very eye opening and inspiring. I worked at the Restore on Monday and although it was a much different experience than working at the site, our help there was just as appreciated and I realized that it was just as important. The Restore is dependent on donations and the donations sold helps to finance the materials used to build the house.
 I enjoyed working on the house because being able to see the progress made each day was very satisfying. I was surprised to see how much evidence was still visible from Katrina years later. One of the most interesting things to me were the x marks spray painted on the front of many houses. This trip left a huge impression on me and helped me to realize how I want to share my blessings with those who are in less fortunate circumstances. Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment